Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It Began with a Phone Call...





It began with a phone call I received on October 19, 2011.  I posted about it on Facebook.  In fact, here is that exact post:


I just got left a message by the owner of Therapy West - Elena's early intervention program she attended until age 3. She has suggested that I meet Mark Jonathan Harris, an Academy Award winning documentary filmmaker who is making a film about the cultural differences and the reality of minority families with autism. He wants an "articulate" Latino perspective.  I guess that would be me.  I will keep you updated as this process unfolds.  But give me a minute, I just got the call twenty minutes ago.


Well, it's been nearly 18 months since that call.  Almost there!

There is so much more to share than what I have posted thus far, at least seven years of experiences to remember and recount, and all the new material still to come.  I hope you will stick around for the ride :)  It's Spring Break around here, and that means little to no free time to do this!  It will get better!

1 comment: